Design for Emotion
Creative professionals who design consumer products, entertainment, software, websites, marketing, and communications are beginning to appreciate the importance of evoking emotions and personality to capture viewers' attention and create satisfying experiences. Design for Emotion addresses the basic questions around designing emotional experiences; why, what, when, where and how do we design for emotion? With extensive real-world examples to help illustrate how emotion and personality are communicated through design, Design for Emotion isn't just another book on design theory - it's an imminently practical guide to applying and eliciting emotion in design.
Design for Emotion:
- explains the relationship between emotions and product personalities
- details the most important dimensions of a product's personality
- examines models for understanding users' relationships with products
- explores how to intentionally design product personalities
- provides extensive examples from the worlds of product, web and application design
- includes a simple and effective model for creating more emotional designs
The book features interviews with Stephen P. Anderson, Aarron Walter, Marco van Hout, Patrick W. Jordan and Trish Miner, and case studies from Moni Wolf, Matt Pattison, Shayal Chhibber, Chris Fryer and Damian Smith. Harness the power of emotional design to enhance products, websites and applications while improving user experience and increasing customer satisfaction. Design for Emotion will help you do a better job of communicating the emotions and personality that fit your client's message and brand values.