Smashing Book 5
Real-Life Responsive Web Design
Responsive design is a default these days, but we are all still figuring out just the right process and techniques to better craft responsive websites. That’s why Smashing Magazine created a new book — to gather practical techniques and strategies from people who have learned how to get things done right, in actual projects with actual real-world challenges.
The Smashing Book 5: Real-Life Responsive Web Design is Smashing Magazine’s brand new book with smart front-end techniques and design patterns derived from real-life responsive projects. Part 1 features 7 chapters on responsive workflow, SVG, Flexbox, content strategy, and design patterns — just what you need to master all the tricky facets and hurdles of responsive design.
Written by Daniel Mall, Ben Callahan, Eileen Webb, Sara Soueidan, Vitaly Friedman and Zoe M. Gillenwater.
Please note that the corresponding Part 2 is also available with even more responsive web design tips and tricks — among others on web fonts, responsive images, email design, performance, debugging and optimizing for offline.
Table of Contents:
- A Responsive Way Forward — written by Vitaly Friedman
- The Modern Responsive Designer’s Workflow — written by Dan Mall
- Responsive Process — written by Ben Callahan
- Responsive Design Patterns And Components — written by Vitaly Friedman
- Content Choreography In RWD — written by Eileen Webb
- Mastering SVG For Responsive Web Design — written by Sara Soueidan
- Building Advanced Responsive Modules With Flexbox — written by Zoe M. Gillenwater