Simple Steps for Making Stuff Better
The A-to-Z guide to spotting and fixing usability problems Frustrated by pop-ups? Forms that make you start over if you miss a field? Nonsensical error messages? You're not alone! This book helps you simply get it right the first time (or fix what's broken). Boasting a full-color interior packed with design and layout examples, this book teaches you how to understand a user's needs, divulges techniques for exceeding a user's expectations, and provides a host of hard won advice for improving the overall quality of a user's experience. World-renowned user-experience expert Eric Reiss shares his knowledge from decades of experience making products useable for everyone...all in an engaging, easy-to-apply manner.
- Reveals proven tools that simply make products better, from the users' perspective
- Provides simple guidelines and checklists to help you evaluate and improve your own products
- Zeroes in on essential elements to consider when ensuring ease-of-use so products and services are functional, responsive, ergonomic, convenient, and foolproof.
- Addresses considerations to ensure elegance and clarity of design so things are visible, understandable, logical, consistent, and predictable.
- Concrete "next steps" that show you how to put these ideas into action, even when you don't have a budget or the support of your superiors.
Usable Usability walks you through numerous techniques that will help ensure happy customers and successful products!